Welcome back everyone! It’s travel vlog time and this time the girls and I are headed on down to Louisiana. Not only was it two of my friends birthday that week, but I also hadn’t been back to New Orleans since I was a child so this trip was right on time!
The girls and I had so much fun in Nola and we also ate SOOOO good! Do you want to see how our New Orleans adventure went? Go ahead and press play!
Some helpful travel tips!
- Bring comfortable walking shoes: Even though we took an Uber to different places, we also did a lot of walking. There is nothing worse than wearing some non-comfortable shoes but still having to walk around all day.
- Stay hydrated: There are so many tasty alcoholic drinks in New Orleans but they also have a lot of sugar in them. Alcohol dehydrates your body from fluids so the more water you drink, the better. Also, drinking a lot of water also helps with hangovers.
- Travel with the right people: There is nothing worse than traveling with the wrong group of people. Bad vibes can definitely ruin a good trip and nobody wants that. (Trust me..I know from first hand experience.) I really appreciate that my girls and I travel so well together. We all love to kick it heavy and have fun but we also know the importance of a mid-day nap lol. It’s all about balance ya know?
- Cash or card?: I brought a certain amount in cash and just used my card as a backup. The cash lasted almost my whole trip too and when I did swipe my card, it was for minor purchases. With all the credit/ debit card scams that are happening these days, carrying cash helps a lot from running into any potential fraud issues.
There are so many places to see, different foods to try, and cultures to learn about out here. If you’re able to do so, I would highly recommend seeing as much of the world as possible. You only live once so go live it up!
Where we ate:
Olde N’awlins Cookery-https://www.nolacookery.com
- The Cajun Jambalaya Pasta with the gator sausage will change your life! 😋
New Orleans Food & Spirits-http://www.neworleansfoodandspirits.com
- The Voo-Doo Crawfish Rolls and the Catfish Lafayette were BOMB!
Reginelli’s Pizzeria- https://www.reginellis.com
- The Smokin’ Chicken Pizza, Cheese Bread, Parmesan Crusted Cauliflower and all of their salads are super delicious! Their bread pudding was decent as well.
Boil Seafood House- https://boilseafoodhouse.com
- The crab legs here? Yes Lawd! Get your food with the Boil House seasoning..I promise you won’t regret it. 😉
Willie Mae’s- http://www.williemaesnola.com
- The food was definitely worth the wait! The fried chicken, mac n cheese, corn muffins, and sweet potatoes are guaranteed to put a smile on your face and the hospitality was awesome.
Dickie Brennan’s Steakhouse- https://www.dickiebrennanssteakhouse.com
- The Seafood Au Gratin and the Andouille Stuffed Chicken were really good.
Mondo (It’s in the airport and their breakfast tacos were super tasty. I couldn’t find a menu to link- sorry!)
Cafe Du Monde– https://shop.cafedumonde.com
Where we stayed:
- In a AirBnb in the 7th Ward. The house and location were great and so was the host of the property. Four of us stayed in the house and we appreciated how spacious it was. There was enough room for everybody and the place came with two bathrooms, a washer/dryer, and a nice outdoor setup as well. If you have any additional questions about the property, please let me know!